I am really loving blogging at the moment! I’ve posted everyday since about the 3rd of May, and some days I’ve even posted twice- I’m constantly inspired and I spend my days out taking photos and preparing to write in the evenings. BUT, there are some things holding my blog back, which I’m going to discuss now…
- Lack of a camera- I don’t have a DSLR, or even something lesser, I literally just have my iPhone. I just don’t have the cash to invest in a camera right now, which really sucks because my photo quality suffers as a result, and thus my blog posts suffer. One day when I have a bit more disposable income a camera will be one of the first things I buy!
- Lack of my own domain– I’m very new to blogging, so I don’t know quite how important this actually is, but my site lacks the professionalism of someone who pays to have their site hosted. I also don’t have the customisation options available to me. I have, however, been looking into this, and I expect to make the jump to Bluehost pretty soon, so watch this space!
- Time to read others blogs- I currently subscribe to about 150 blogs, which probably isn’t many by the average standards, but I like to actually read what I subscribe to, so to keep on top of so many blogs involves a lot of spare time. It’s time well spent of course, as I can get a lot of inspiration from others words and photos, so if I could put more time into this, I would definitely get more out!
- Lack of funds to travel- A lot of the content on my site is travel based, and this is due to me being on a year abroad studying in the Netherlands, however when this year ends, which is pretty imminent, how do I go on travelling cheaply?! How can a small blogger who doesn’t earn any money from his writing continue to write about travels?
- Money in general- Everything costs money! If I had a limitless supply half of what I’ve just written wouldn’t matter in the slightest. Alas, we live in a world where money is everything and yet isn’t everywhere.
This post certainly isn’t a moan though! I’m loving blogging, like I already said, and I’ll continue to do so, despite whatever is holding me back.. I’m not worried if I never make it to thousands of followers and millions of views- I was overjoyed to hit 30 followers yesterday!
Thanks for reading!